Transferring your eMail
There are a couple ways you can transfer your contacts and emails from wispwest.net over to your new email address. This allows to safely keep your older emails and contacts from wispwest.net and utilize them with your new email address.
Exporting your Address CSV File from Webmail
If you saved your contacts in your address file on your webmail, You will want to have a master csv address file. This will allow you to import your address from your webmail into any other email platform. To do this:
- Log into your webmail via http://mail.wispwest.net.
- Navigate to your “Addresses” section at the top.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Addresses page and click on the “Export to CSV File”.
- If prompted to “Save”, select the desired location of your file and click Save.
This will save all the addresses in your webmail to a file that will allow you to import to services such as Google.com, Outlook.com, or 3rd party mail applications such as Outlook, Thunderbird, or Windows Live Mail.
- Import CSV file into Windows Live Mail
- Import CSV file into Mozilla Thunderbird
- Import CSV file into Apple Mail
- Import CSV file into Microsoft Outlook
Importing Mail and Addresses to your new Gmail.com account
Gmail gives you the option to import your messages and your contacts into the Gmail system. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log into your Gmail account via http://www.gmail.com.
- Once logged in, go into the settings by clicking on the gear or cogwheel icon on the upper right hand side of the screen and selecting settings from the dropdown menu.
- In the Settings screen, select Accounts and Import.
- In the Accounts and Import screen, select Import mail and contacts.
This should open up a pop up window that requests information on the specific account you would like to import from.
- In the new pop-up window, type in your wispwest.net email address and click Continue.
- In the next window, type in your wispwest.net email password.
- Leave the POP username as the beginning part of your email address.
- Leave the POP server as mail.wispwest.net with port 110 and click Continue.
- In the next window, select what options you want available and select Start import.
Sometimes the import takes several hours and sometimes up to 2 days before you start to see the imported messages. The windows can be closed down and the import will finish in the background of the Google servers.
Other Useful Links
- Adding your Gmail address into a 3rd party email client (Such as Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, etc.)